Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Football has started!

We are trying football out this year for Jaxson. He is actually still in his trial period. Practice is 4 days a week for 2 hours a day and games on Sat. It is quite a commitment and we don't want it to affect him in school or at home, so if he can balance it all(and we can too), he'll continue out the season. Yesterday, he was hitting pretty hard and one of the other coaches was talking about what a hard hitter he was, not knowing I was his mom...his coach told me he's his "all american player". He's the biggest on his team and can outrun not only his team but most of the 4th, 5th and 6th graders. I don't know how I can keep him humble when I have a hard time staying humble myself!! Both Derek and I LOVE football, so when you combined a sport you love with a child you love...it is a very emotional thing! Any advice? LOL!!






The girls were recruted by the cheerleading squad, so I am sad to say, atleast for this year, they have all given up on soccer! I'll post pictures of the girls in their uniforms once they get them!

2 comments:

The MICHELS said...

YAY JAX! I guess all those carrots payed off!

Amber said...

How do you let them get beat up? This is an issue Aaron and I are not on the same page about. Aaron is hoping for linebackers and I want the least amount of broken bones.