Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Anasazi Trail

Grandma had heard about an easy 1 mile hike that led to some indian writings on the wall. We decided to try it out on a very hot day! We walked and walked and walked and walked...like little pioneer children! However, the kids were a little mad at us so we couldn't even get them to sing as they walked! After about two hours of walking, we finally saw one rock with indian writings! It was pretty neat, but not the great wall we were looking for. We stopped and took a break, tried our best to not drink all the water and save some for the walk down. We found a shortcut down and Derek and Gpa took the long way to pick up the cars and come get us! They were our heros for the day! Thank goodness for Gma's umbrellas, lots of water, Gpa's and Derek's shoulders, stories of distraction and Hals and Jax bravely leading the way! It was hard while there but we did it and have memories to look back on now! These pictures make us look barely alive...Brock and Isabella LOL













Here is Bella posing by the rock with the indian writings on it


Here are our tired faces (although some are still happy) in the car after that really long, hot walk!! Good times!! LOL





5 comments:

jan said...

Funniest pictures I have ever seen!

Hayes Family said...

I love the pictures. Kepp 'em coming! Boy, Gentry and Haleigh don't look pooped!

Mindi said...

Oh my gosh! I think you are the only person I know that has had more traveling than us this summer, my kids were so dang sick of going places that today they asked if they could just stay home and do nothing. fun times.

Amber said...

Troopers! Oh how I miss good rocks. Just noticed your blog at the end of your email and thought I would peek.

The MICHELS said...

Thank you so much for that sweaty picture of me...I love it:( Oh and watch your back for that!