Monday, February 23, 2009

Spelling Bee

Every year grades 1-5 have a class spelling bee and then the top boy and top girl go on to compete against each other in front of the whole school and all the parents. Jaxson won (for the second year in a row) in his class and Grace was the 1st runner up for her class. (Her prayer the few days before the spelling bee were that her good friend Megan would get sick so she could take her place...I'm glad some prayers aren't answered;)!!) Jaxson passed the practice round but then messed up on his first real word which was Remember. He went too fast and forgot the second 'em'. It's a little nerve racking with all the people watching you and having to spell out loud. Then after the spelling bee, this is how the conversation went Jaxson: If I would have gotten that word right, I would have gone far... Mom: I know, you would have done great Jaxson: Actually, I think I would have won Mom: You're probably right;) I love his optimistic out view and I was just proud of him for making it that far and Grace for almost making it! I'm so glad our kids are smarter than we were!!

1 comment:

The MICHELS said...

Um... we are ready for new stuff!