Friday, December 18, 2009

The Nutcracker!


Grace and I decided to start a tradition of going to the nutcracker each December. I wasn't sure Isabella would enjoy it so she stayed home with the boys and we told her we would check it out and see if she would enjoy it the next year. I tried really hard to get into it(I didn't know there was no talking or singing) and about 15 min. in, Grace looks at me with a skeptical look and says, "This is kinda boring"! The dancing was fun to watch and the dresses were beautiful and fun to look at! The atmosphere was great and we even ran into some friends who have this same tradition! After it was over, on our way to the car, this was our conversation:

me: You like it?
Grace: Kinda
me: You want to come next year?
Grace: YES!
(really? even after asking every 5 min. how much longer..?)
me: Should we bring Bella next time?
Grace: ya
me: Really? Why do you say that?
Grace: So she can sit through the boring thing with me!

Needless to say, after all was said and done we had a good time and will continue this tradition and bring Bella next time! We did find out that Jaxson has an eye for the art unlike Grace and I. His school took them and he loved it! (they did sit right up front and Grace and I were so far back, you could barely see the dancers...next time, spend the money..upgrade!)


At one point, Grace lets a giggle escape her, it was quite loud and she was very embarrassed. Then we both got the giggles..it was the man in white TIGHT tights pictured below skipping across the stage! It was kind of funny!

1 comment:

The MICHELS said...

Oh I love the nutcracker! And in the pic of you and grace you look sooo gorgeous!