Saturday, September 5, 2009

Life with Brock

Life has changed drastically for me this school year. I was released as Young Women's president after 3.5 great years and called to teach early morning seminary! I leave at 5:30 and get home at 7am. Just in time to do the girls hair, pray and kiss them off before ALL 3 get on the bus! This leaves Brock and I alone for 8 hours! I have never had a only one toddler at home before! We have a lot of fun, but if he gets bored while I am involved in a project, he can be all kinds of trouble!
He has learned how to help himself with the DVD player as he pulls out the bottom drawer as a stool and digs in the top drawer to change movies EVERY 5 MINUTES!! Luckily over the weekend, we fixed our flat screen and DVD player now hides! Sorry Brockie! Time to ask for help!


Brock, who just turned 2, thinks he should be potty trained, but mom is not ready! About every 5 minutes he has ripped his clothes and diaper off and runs around naked or tries to get on his potty chair. If he does his business in his diaper, off it comes with no warning...it has not been a fun site! A normal mother would probablybe excited over his interest and take this opportunity to potty train the child. I came up with a different solution! Duct Tape!!
(Grace made me take off the naked shot and the potty shot...TMI she says!!)

1 comment:

Jibby said...

First, dangerous for Brocky to walk up the dresser have u never heard the dangers of dressers falling on kids? ok I'm done being your mother also how do I make a comment about funny things said in the Ackers home, I have one to add about my Gracie girl!