Monday, June 22, 2009

Neighbor kid swap night!






We have a fun tradition we started last year. Three families are involved, Heather and Paul next door and the Rogers across in the col-de-sac. We were all wanting to get out more but didn't want to pay a babysitter and worry about our littlest ones with a babysitter, so we decided to rotate months and all 9 kids go to one house for snacks, play time and movies while the other parents have a free date night! It's been great and the kids love it and we love it! Last Friday night was Rogers turn to keep the kids so Derek and I went to a reception for a ward member and then out to Johnny Carinos for dinner! We have only been there a few times, but it has been terrible every time we go...I wish we could learn our lesson, but the buy one, get one free coupon lured us in again!!
After that, I tried to think of something more to do...but Derek was reading to head back home. It was only 10pm and they told us to stay out until midnight so I begged him to go to the park and swing with me! Reluctantly he agreed! It was fun and lots of laughs as I forced him to take pictures so I could blog the night! Eventually the bugs forced us home and the Rogers were getting a little worried about Brock since we had forgotten to send an extra diaper...it was hanging down to his knees...and 11pm and he was wired...I bet they are glad we didn't last until midnight! Maybe next time...we'll be more prepared and can handle longer!
LOVE you Derek!

1 comment:

stacie said...

kris you look darling in all these pics! you are glowing and so pretty!!