Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's gram!



Derek always makes a big deal that Valentine's Day should be no different than any other day of our life(yipee!;))..but I always want to do something extra to show him I love him. This year, I ordered him a singing telegram! Nothing amuses me more than seeing Derek in an uncomfortable situation, but deep down I know he wishes he could just enjoy the attention! He always can find a back or leg to rub when it gets really uncomfortable!! I thought about having them go to a basketball game that he coaches for Jaxson or show up at a carpet cleaning job, but I settled for home(he thanked me for that!) among his family and in privacy! I surprised the whole family and the kids were so stunned! They had been guessing all day what I was going to do, but everyone knew they had to be home by 5pm. I'm still figuring out my new camera and I can't find the sound button, so I'm so sorry you are not getting the true effect! Grace said, "I saw those old ladies and I didn't think it would be good, but they were awesome!" so...don't judge the voices by their age!


That evening, he gave me a new journal and a box of chocolates! Great gift Derek! I loved it and I love you! Here's to 10 more years of valentines day...everyday!

1 comment:

stacie said...

Jess is the same way about Valentines, doesn't think it should be any different says he would rather do something nice for me out of the blue when it isn't expected. I loved your post though, it cracked me up! Wish I could have been there to see it, so sweet!!